Yahoo! Sports - Golf News

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Golf Swing Can Be Simple If You Work On A Few Basics!

You are 120 yards from the green, standing over your ball getting ready to hit. All of your friends are waiting and watching. Your mind has so many thoughts going on because the last thing you want to do is lay the sod over the ball and advance 30 yards.
I have been there and done that! I hate it.... What is even worse is that the people waiting and watching you expected you to do that.
We all get like this on any given day. You know that golf can be a cruel game and there comes a time when you need some help. It is amazing what can happen with just a simple adjustment. The problem is you don't always have a Pro by your side that can say hey Charlie, your hands are set up wrong on the club. It is great to go to the Pro and get a lesson. In fact everyone should do that once in a while just to get some trained eyes looking at what you are doing. Sometimes that is just not available to you. You need a way to work on the course, at the range and at home to evaluate the golf swing and make adjustments that will show up on the course. Here is what I did.
I started a search around the internet looking for a tool I could rely on. That searching time was valuable. There is a ton of stuff out there but a lot of it is hype. What I needed was some basic instruction of things that were easy to replicate on the course. Setup, Grip, Alignment, Timing & Head Movement. The system that I found gave me a simple approach to understanding the fundamentals of these key components of the game.
I became aware that there really are only a few things you need to do properly and that by working at home and understanding the golf swing, I could help myself on the course. By you understanding the golf swing, you can help yourself to make adjustments. A simple mental checklist allows you to go down through the few basic components of your swing. I took the time to write a small list that sits in my golf bag. When things are not going properly, I get the list out and go through the check list to make sure I am incorporating the proper elements of the golf swing for me. It amazes me how my golf brain decides that we are going to just forget about one of the key elements to hitting great shots for me.
My suggestions;
1. Find a reasonable cost program that you can review at home so that you always have support when you need it.
2. Make a list of the key swing thoughts that are critical to your game on the course. Don't be afraid to pull it put of your bag and go through the checklist when you need some help during a round. No rule against reading.
3. Make sure that every once in a while you take a lesson with a Pro just to get another set of eyes on what you are doing with the golf swing.
4. Practice and repeat practice the few simple swing thoughts that you get from your new at home support program. Time at the driving range is a critical element of every good golfer. Practice the good swing thoughts and your game will improve.
The golf swing can seem very complicated until you realize there are a few basic elements that need to be understood and repeated. The final tool that I bought online offered that kind of support for me. My game has improved to the point that every day is a fun day at the golf course. Yours will be also.
Charles Montgomery is a Baby Boomer now residing in The Villages, Fl. After a 32 year career as a corporate sales manager, I was able to focus on my golf game and actually practice those few swing elements that always caused me problems.
While it is a great idea to get a lesson with a Pro, it is not always easy or affordable to do so. I started looking for some instruction that I could have at home and use to refresh and tweak the parts of my swing that were not working properly. It is like having a Pro at your house and with you at the driving range.
In my search I came across the one program that seemed to provide the easiest and easy to understand approach. To help others through this process I decided to write a review of the great system, "The Simple Golf Swing'.
You can find my review at http://thegolfswing.co
It won't be long until your buddies will be saying, "What Happened To You, Your game has improved so much"!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...